Welcome to Perth’s premier dragon boat club.
Our club offers the following fantastic opportunities to get fit and enjoy a great social life:
- Regular training both competitively and socially
- Competition regattas throughout Western Australia, Australia and the world
- State team selection training
- Team building for businesses, schools, sporting teams etc.
- Corporate events with all training and equipment provided
- We cater for all age groups from 12 years – 70 years
- Great social and fitness for members and their families
Dragon Boating is a fun, social sport catering for different levels of fitness and ability. If you are interested in training hard, being an integral part of a team and winning, then our open, women or mixed team is what you are after. However if you are more interested in having just a fun paddle, with less intense training demands, our Wednesday night social paddling may be more to your liking.
CDBC, or ‘Blades’ as it is affectionately known, is a socially active club. You can stay for coffee at the Yacht Club after Sunday paddling or for a meal on Wednesday or Thursday nights. Social evenings are organised leading up to a regatta and there are often opportunities to attend other events as a Club. Fundraising is also a very important part of the club as this helps with the purchase of equipment and also subsidizes interstate and overseas travel for competitions.
All training is based at East Fremantle Yacht Club, Petra Street, East Fremantle.
Rick Salisbury honoured with DBWA’s highest award
Cockburn Blade’s member Rick Salisbury was recently awarded DBWAs highest award, the David Blackley Award. The recipient of this award demonstrates standards of behaviour that reflect moral values and depth of character in advancing the spirit of dragon boating.